- breath in for 4 seconds
- hold your breath for 7 seconds
- exhale breath for 8 seconds
repeat once or twice more.
This causes an autonomic nervous system shift from a sympathetic (fight or flight reaction) state to a parasympathetic response.
Use this for panic/anxiety attacks, exams, presentations.
Never not reblog
Tumblr got anxiety advice. Fuck yeah.
Read this earlier, and it helped me a lot tonight.
always re-posting this.
Comparison is an act of violence against the self. — Iyanla Vanzant (via onlinecounsellingcollege)
It doesn’t matter how smart you are or aren’t. You need to make up in hard work what you lack in experience, skill, intelligence, or innate ability. If your competition is smarter, more talented, or experienced, you just need to work three or four time as hard. You can still beat them. Miss free throws at the game? Do one thousand free throws every day for a month. Not good at dribbling with your left hand? Tie your right hand behind your back and dribble three hours a day. Behind in your mouth? Hunker down, hire a tutor, and work like hell all summer until you get it. No excuses. If you aren’t good at something, work harder and work smarter. — Darren Hardy (via powermovesonly)
I ship myself with academic success and contentment
Me this weekend.
I like Youtubers like I truly do but the amount of fame and money they get for sitting in a room and talking about themselves or random products is fucking atrocious
Martin Ødegaard is only 15 and has been called up to Norway’s senior squad
Wtf, I’m have to see this boy in action
Omfg check this kid out:
I WENT TO TARGET TODAY AND SOMEONE BENT THE FUCKING AD FOR THE IPHONE I DIED
1. faking confidence is the first step to real confidence
2. not everyone is going to like you and that’s okay
3. your friends will like you a lot more if you’re honest and upfront
4. you don’t have to get out of bed every day
5. it’s okay to cry
6. ask yourself what’ve you got to lose when you can’t make a decision
7. some people are just bad people, don’t try to change them
8. 99% of problems can be fixed if you speak to the person you have a problem with
9. if you love someone, tell them
10. the first few people you think of when you say “no one cares” are the people who care the most — things I wish I knew sooner (via internetexplorers)
(Source: reifaun, via ridge)
deep sigh of contentment
this is some portal 2 shit
i would take naps in forests every day if bugs didnt exist